Friday, July 25, 2008

Bugs!!!

Hi All!
Sorry it's been a few since I've written last. Summer is underway and I have been slowing down on my training. I can definitely feel it on our long runs. We had a good 4th of July, still got my run in! Then the following weekend Hannah was in a pageant. It was an action packed weekend but I think she really enjoyed it. Last weekend Jessica and I grilled at Sam's Club, proceeds profiting LLS. We had a good turnout and thanks to all who bought lunch or dinner from us. And thanks to the fams for helping out. We couldn't have done it without you!
Trying to make up for that run, Jessica and I went to Stony Creek on that Friday night. We didn't make it very far. We were attacked by these horrible flies. Our friends Gina and Brian were bike riding there that night. Brian came up behind us and well...it's a good thing there was a bathroom across the road! Anyway, we ended up flagging them down to take us back to the cars because the bugs were so bad.
Do you remember that list I was making for my runs? ie. flashlight! Well now we can add that I need to bathe in Deep woods off before I go out next time!!!
I have 12 miles to do tomorrow, so wish me luck!
Em

No comments: